About the business
The Ape-X client is a multi-location Queensland plumbing supplies company who needed help growing their online presence, with zero idea where to start. They had a strong brand but little to no in-house technical resources or marketing experience.
The website had:
- Almost no content on it, limiting its rankings potential and topical authority.
- Many competing pages with similar, generic content.
- No keyword research targeting done.
- Many (okay, all) images missing image alt text.
- Their products did not have their own pages or any product information listed, instead triggering a generic pop-up to contact the business.
- Outside of its website the business had almost zero online footprint resulting in the site being seen as very low-authority in Google’s eyes.
Due to the volume of work and the varied nature of tasks to be completed, we mobilised our SEO, web development, content and social media teams. Together we…
- Performed keyword research and mapping to properly target the client’s keywords with the correct pages – including adding up to 1,000 words of content to some of them so they would have sufficient keyword density to rank.
- Created dedicated Location pages for each of the client’s business locations, including detailed descriptions, driving directions, contact information, an embedded Google map, and Org. Schema.
- Implemented judicious internal link coverage to spread website authority between the key pages and facilitate Google crawling the site with ease.
- Created content for all 400 of the client’s products, with individual pages and product descriptions for each.
- Implemented a chatbot on the website so customers can get real-time information if they don’t want to call or email.
- Executed a link-building strategy including a combination of online business citations, guest posting and link insertions to relevant publications to build the website’s credibility and online visibility.
- Implemented a review generation strategy using QR codes for the business to show to customers in their three locations, to get instant reviews in-store.
Here are the results from 2022 compared to 2021:
- More than doubled the number of phone calls through Google Local Search
- 194% increase in website visits through Local Search
- 1382% increase in website enquiries from organic search
- 82% increase in organic website visits (9,288 vs 5,111)
Want results like these for your business?
It all starts with us getting to know each other. Click the button below to request your free website & marketing review and get a personalised, actionable set of recommendations from one of our marketing experts.