About the business
The client is a Brisbane-based, speciality high-end retail business in the B2B space. As a new brand entering the market, they had a heavy reliance on paid traffic and wanted to diversify their lead generation to also include organic channels like Local & Organic Search.
Their website was brand new and the company who built it didn’t have sufficient SEO knowledge to cover a lot of the basics:
- Extremely thin content (about 100 words per page, “good enough” according to their previous agency).
- Despite the small site, the website was slow
- Zero internal linking
- No supporting blog content to demonstrate topical authority
- Google Business Profile not set up or verified
We quickly identified the need to fortify the site with proper optimisation, and implemented a content roadmap to optimise their most important pages followed by a supporting blog strategy:
- Performed keyword research based on users’ search intent and existing SERPs.
- Used our paid Content Optimisation Tool to create web page content that out-scored all competitors, and published it to the client’s site.
- Performed internal linking with optimised anchor text to increase website crawlability and keyword targeting for Google’s robots
- Created & optimised the client’s Google Business Profile including images, services, business info, embedded maps, and a weekly original post to the account
- Build out supporting content in the form of FAQs (added to the pages), added schema to the pages, and rolled out a blog content strategy tackling long-tail informational keywords to attract search traffic at the top of the sales funnel and build the website’s Topical Authority.
Although the site is still young (the domain is less than a year old; the site itself live only for 6 months), the results are already showing:
We’ll let the graphs speak for themselves on this one:
- 254 new keywords being associated with the site
- 120+ organic users/month
- Doubled organic website enquiries as a result of the SEO campaign
- Over 1,000 users finding the business website through Local Search
Want results like these for your business?
It all starts with us getting to know each other. Click the button below to request your free website & marketing review and get a personalised, actionable set of recommendations from one of our marketing experts.