About the business
The client is a national supplier of agriculture & construction equipment, with a well-established brand and existing operational infrastructure. Their website, however, lacked some basic optimisations, causing them to struggle to rank in the top 5 positions for some of their most important keywords.
Key issues we identified needing to be fixed:
- Thin content on most important category pages
- Multiple (or missing) H1s on many pages
- General lack of internal linking causing crawl issues and competing pages, especially on such a large site as our client’s
- Important keywords not properly mapped or targeted by relevant pages
- Lack of supporting content to reinforce subject matter expertise and capture long-tail search queries
- Overall website authority and page-level authority lacking compared to biggest competitors
We executed the following actions to remedy the issues on the client’s site:
- Keyword research to identify most commercially valuable (bottom-of-funnel) search terms
- Mapped keywords against most relevant pages; created/updated page templates as necessary to house additional content
- Produced SEO-optimised content
- Created internal links to and from all key pages
- Built high-authority backlinks to our key pages
With it now being clearer for Google what the pages were about, and which one should rank for which keyword, the website performance spiked:
- 72% increase in search impressions (indicating the content we added to the site is positively affecting search)
- Average position increase from 30.46 to 6.7 across 40 keywords
- 147% increase in organic traffic compared to previous year
Also, check out their organic traffic for the same period compared to the previous year:
Want results like these for your business?
It all starts with us getting to know each other. Click the button below to request your free website & marketing review and get a personalised, actionable set of recommendations from one of our marketing experts.